Immigration Consultation

Temporary Visas


Visitor’s vISA

Most visitors can stay for up to 6 months in Canada

  • At the port of entry, the border services officer may allow you to stay for less or more than 6 months

  • Basic requirements of a visitor visa:

    • Have enough money for your stay

      • This depends on how long you will stay and if you will stay in a hotel or with family and friends

    • Convince an immigration officer that you have ties - such as a job, home, financial assets or family - that will take you back to your home country

    • Convince an immigration officer that you will leave Canada at the end of your visit

  • It is recommended that you have someone who has invited you to visit Canada, preferably family


A study visa is valid for the duration of your study, plus an extra 90 days

  • Some conditions that exist include:

    • Showing that you have financial means to support yourself and your studies

    • Proving that you will not remain in Canada after your student visa is over

  • Post-secondary schools include: colleges, universities, private career colleges, and vocational and technical schools

  • Each school has its own rules regarding who can apply, how to apply, and the language level accepted.

  • Research these schools carefully and ensure that your chosen school can enrol international students

  • Once you are accepted into the school of your choice, they will send you an acceptance letter. This letter is needed when you apply for a study permit.

Super visa

Super visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time

  • It is a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period up to 10 years

  • Before you apply for a super visa, you need:

    • A letter of invitation from your child or grandchild who is a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada that includes:

      • A promise of financial support for the duration of the visit

      • List and number of people in the household of the given person

      • Copy of the given person’s Canadian citizenship or permanent resident document

      • Medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company

        • Must cover till 1 year and be of at least $100,000 coverage

Work Visa

2 types of work permits exist, allowing for foreign nationals to work in Canada:

  • Employer-specific work permit: lets you work in Canada according to conditions set on your permit. Conditions include:

    • the specific employer you may work for

    • how long you may work for

    • the location of your work

  • Open work permit: allows you to work for any employer within Canada

    • Note: there are exception to which employers you may work for