Immigration Consultation

Immigration to Canada

Express Entry Program


Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)

 For skilled workers with foreign work experience who want to immigrate to Canada permanently

  • Applicants are assessed based on a variety of factors and assigned an overall score out of 100

  • The minimum requirement is currently a score of 67/100 points

    • If you score 67 points or higher, you may qualify for the FSW program

  • You can increase your score by doing things such as:

    • Improving your language skills

    • Completing another degree, diploma, or certificate

    • Receiving an employment offer in Canada

Point System:

Screen Shot 2019-06-15 at 5.46.54 PM.png

Federal Skilled Trade (FST)

For applicants who are qualified in a skilled trade and want to become a Canadian permanent resident

  • Minimum requirements:

    • Language: must obtain a minimum score of CLB 5 for speaking and listening, and CLB 4 for reading and writing

    • Must have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience) in a skilled trade within the 5 years before you apply

    • Applicants must also have a valid job offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least 1 year OR  a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade


For skilled workers who have Canadian work experience and want to become permanent residents

  • Requirements:

    • Must have at least 1 year of full-time (or equivalent part-time)  skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply

    • Meet language requirements of CLB 7 or NOC 0 or A jobs, and a CLB 5 for NOC B jobs

    • Education is not a requirement, but foreign and/or Canadian education can help to improve your rank in the express entry pool